– Singing Teacher
– Professional Singer
– Writer on Voice, Communication & Learning
– Songwriter & Teacher of Songwriting
Check out the Videos and Articles & Tips
Offering singing lessons to:
- professional singers (classical & opera, microphone & recording work, pop, jazz, folk, rock, punk, music theatre, country, metal etc)
- singing teachers (also mentoring/supervising)
- semi-pro singers & experienced amateurs
- aspiring professionals & music students
- singers recovering from vocal damage, vocal strain, or a career crisis
- recording artists
- singer-songwriters, singing guitarists, lead and backing vocalists
- chazzanim, cantors, ba’alei t’fillah (see more)
- choral singers
- singers who want an inside-out understanding of their voice, including: vocal anatomy, function and technique; vocal acoustics; song interpretation; the ‘inner game’ (psychology) of skill mastery and high level performance; preparation for roles, auditions, exams, college places, gigs and tours
- … and yes, I do work with people who want to work on their speaking voices or communication skills (actors, voiceover artists, business people, presenters, lecturers etc) – for more on this, take a look at www.AuthenticVoice.co.uk
NB Please could all enquirers for young people click here before contacting me. I only teach young people under 16 in exceptional cases.
Nov 2018 – I have temporarily reduced my teaching timetable, as I have a number of other projects (performing, composing, publishing) that I am currently juggling. However, I have some spaces for students, so please feel free to get in touch.
Singer-songwriters often work on both their singing and their songwriting with me. I have 35 years of experience as a professional singer, teacher, and have studied song and songwriting all this time. I am also a songwriter myself, and have performed, recorded and published my songs.
I have worked with pretty much every type musical style and vocal performer, and have taught composition and songwriting for a good few years. So if you want coaching on your songwriting, take a look at my other website www.OxfordSongwriting.com.
The contact form is here, but before you get in touch … It’s probably a good idea to read about how I work and what I offer, and look at some of the articles & tips to get a feel for whether you think I’m the right teacher for you. You could also look at some of the short teaching videos. If you are thinking about singing lessons, and broadly fit the criteria for students, then please get in touch through the contact form.